The five most holy and ancient lakes of India renowned for their sacredness are:
- (1) Manas Sarovar (Tibet)
- (2) Pushkar Sarovar (Rajasthan)
- (3) Bindu Sarovar (Gujarat)
- (4) Narayan Sarovar (Kutch, Gujarat)
- (5) Pampa Sarovar (Karnataka).
The Bindu Sarovar has its special sanctity and glory due to it being the Tapobhumi of Shri Kapil Dev – an incarnation of God and founder of Samkhya philosophy. It was on the banks of the Bindu Sarovar that Kapil Dev preached the essence of attaining Moksha to his mother. Bhagwan Swaminarayan had also sanctified the Bindu Sarovar.